Wednesday, October 31, 2012

16 weeks and the Verdict IS!!....

BOY! Had our anatomy scan at the perinatologists office yesterday and we are having another boy! His big brother is over the moon since he's been rooting for boy since the day he found out we were expecting. Wow is all I can think. Another boy? Can I handle that much testosterone in my house? lol We were really hoping for a girl of course since that has been my dream since I was young to have a little girl one day but we are still thrilled. I'm having to switch gears since I've been convinced we were having a girl this time and have been planning which I guess is where I messed up lol. We may make plans but God directs our steps and I know He has a reason for blessing us with another boy. While I still hope for a girl one day (yeah, my crazy self has decided this might not be our last youngin!) but I am so thankful for this little boy and will love him will all I've got! He will definitely be in good company since he will have 2 big brothers which makes us a total of 3 boys and 2 girls in the family (counting my stepbabies that don't live with us). So I'm preparing myself! I at least know what to do with a boy, I have plenty of practice lol. And plenty of hand-me-downs from my sister and best friend who both have little boys. I'm still in shock though lol but so blessed and happy since we didn't know if we'd even be able to conceive, this baby is going to be loved and spoiled something crazy!

Other than that news, everything else is going smoothly so far. My nausea is steadily decreasing which is awesome but I still have food aversions and sometimes eat something thinking it will be awesome only to regret it after the first bite. That is not fun and I miss Mexican food (that is my Number 1 No No food right now, can't even look at it!).
All my tests came back good, no down syndrome or trisomy 18. Second test for downs was done yesterday  so I won't get that result until next week but the first one was good so we expect this one to be fine. They ran my repeat test of the anticardiolipid panel yesterday too. Since I've tested in the indeterminate to positive range for it twice they needed to test once again to make sure and I'm praying that comes back fine.

So without further ado, here is our little man! (He didn't want to look at us, was napping face down in his placenta lol)



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding out is a boy! We find out in less than 10 days!!! :)

    ReplyDelete