Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Arthritis, anxiety, & Fertility Friend woes

So good ole "Arthur" has come around again...not fun. I think I mentioned in one of my early posts that I have an unidentified autoimmune disorder. It's spondyloarthropathic (there's a fancy word I wish was not in my vocab) in nature but that's all they know for now. As such, it will end up being one of 4 specific AD's: Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, or Ankylosing Spondylitis. Sounds fun right? Well so far, it's caused my toes to look like huge red and purple sausages and the soles of my feet feel like I've been stepping on rocks and my ankles swell up. Thankfully that's all..so far. It had gone into remission with sulfur drugs and stayed that way after I stopped them last yr to start ttc. Everything got so much better! But it's gradually coming back. It starts with one toe then another and another until the only footwear I'm capable of wearing are flip flops. Good thing it's summer lol it wasn't so fun in winter wearing them! Well, this means I have to either go back on my meds and halt ttc for however long it takes to go away again or hope I get preggo soon. Supposedly, pregnancy tends to make autoimmune disorders go onto remission but they almost always flare up immediately after delivery. I'm gonna take my chances with pregnancy! I've been trying since October of last year, I refuse to put it on hold now! So anyways, that's what's going on there.

As for anxiety, it sucks!! With k gone this week, its worse of course. As for FF..she's not much of a friend this week! I guess my temps are wacky cuz I'm not on clomid this month so charting is getting frustrating. My temp finally went way up this morning which should have triggered crosshairs on my chart but they r nowhere to be seen. I guess maybe my post o temps just aren't high enough yet for FF to tell me when O was. Nonetheless, I know it was either Fri or Sat just judging by my ovarian pain. Still crampy today but nothing major. Oh this waiting. I know I say that often! Well, bye for now, will be back in a few days I'm sure :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment