Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sausage Toes & 5 dpo

Sausage Toes..what is that you say? Oh just a lovely symptom that comes along with my mysterious autoimmune disorder that makes my toes turn into giant lobster looking sausage digits. Yes, it sounds funny. But believe me, it's anything but. Imagine breaking almost all of your toes at one time and trying to walk around with them feeling that way for months on end. Yep, that's what it feels like. And looks like. Except they aren't black, just very reddish purple and huge. The ones that are swollen (which right now would be on left: big toe, third, and pinky. On right: big toe, middle and third.) make the ones that aren't swollen look emaciated and flimsy. Lol, almost like the swollen ones are sucking the life out of the ones that aren't. It sucks. But I have to find a way to laugh at myself or I'd cry. I'm flopping around in flip flops every day, limping, and looking downright goofy (in my opinion). And the worst part, I can't take anything to make it stop. As soon as I told my rheumatologist we wanted to ttc, he took me off all my meds that made the awful sausage toes and swollen ankles go away. It stayed in remission for nearly 9 months. But, now it's back with a vengeance. So my only option is prednisone. Short doses (7 days) at a time. Will it really help? Probably not as much as I'd like but all this pain is worth it to me if we are able to get pregnant.

As for our ttc stuff, at 5 dpo my temps are flatlining. I've been a solid 97.7 for the last 5 days. Which is really weird. Will it mean anything? Probably not. But again, all I can do is wait and see, not too much hope, not too much despair. Just trust that God's working out something amazing. Which reminds me of my doctor I saw today about my arthritis. She was so sweet and told me to just remember that God's timing is always so perfect and so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment